Pearl Accountants can help you prepare and qualify for a Tier 1 Visa to enable you to either set up a business, or invest, in the UK.
What is a Tier 1 Visa?
There are two types of Tier 1 Visas:
- Entrepreneur: this allows you to set up, take over, or be actively involved in the running of a business in the UK.
- Investor: this allows you to make a substantial financial investment in the UK.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
If you want to migrate to the UK to set up, take over, or run a business, Pearl will guide you through all the regulations and requirements to ensure your move to the UK is as smooth as possible.
To be eligible for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, you need to prove that:
- You have access to £200,000, or
- You have access to £50,000 from an approved organisation such as UK Trade and Investment or a registered venture capitalist. However, you’ll still need to have access to the remaining £150,000.
- You meet the English language requirement
- You can provide for yourself and your family
- You genuinely want to set up a viable business
You’ll initially be allowed to stay in the UK for 3 years and 4 months with an option for a 2 year extension.
After 3 years you’ll have the option for a fast-tracked settlement providing you meet certain requirements:
- The business employs at least 10 employees, or
- The business has a £5m turnover
Tier 1 Investor Visa
If you want to make a large investment in the UK, Pearl Accountants will guide you through all the regulations and requirements to ensure your investment goes as smoothly as possible.
To be eligible for a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you need to prove that:
- You have access to £1m to invest in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in UK-registered companies.
- You meet a minimum points threshold based on investment criteria
You’ll initially keep your Tier 1 Investor Visa status for 3 years and 4 months, with the option of a fast-tracked settlement after 3 years.
You won’t need a UK sponsor, nor are you required to meet English language requirements, to be eligible for a Tier 1 Investor Visa.
Getting your Tier 1 Visa
Pearl Accountants will guide you through all the regulations and make sure you meet the requirements to obtain a Tier 1 Visa.
- Help you write a viable business plan
- Ensure that your business idea meets the Entrepreneur Visa rules
- Manage the company formation
- Offer Pearl’s first-class accounting services to ensure your business is run as smoothly as possible
- And more…
Get in touch
Get in touch with Pearl Accountants for a free initial consultation so we can learn about you and your requirements.